Real Life Monster

House Representative James Fagan.

I'm not from Massachusetts so I have no say in whether this man returns as part of our goverment in the future, but his words regarding child victims speak for themselves. I am shattered that someone would even utter them, and saddened to know that he has a prominent role in leading this country into the future.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/politics/view.bg?articleid=1102761

It's not that I mind his stance. I disagree with his objection, but I don't mind him objecting to the 20 year mandatory term - it's his right. However, I do have a serious problem with the imagery he uses with regard to the victims, who are hypothetically 6 years of age where his "point" begins.

What I don't understand is why we're not all out there fighting for the victims rights for children? If we don't speak up, then who will? It seems like only parents that have had bad things happen to their children are trying to curtail future problems. They're already hurting, they live with a reality that I don't want to know, and they're trying harder to keep this from happening to any of us than I am.

It changes things when you look at it like that.