Burn Baby, Burn!

Went down to the Auburn game on Saturday and it was an absolutely beautiful day. Mason, Matthew and I got there earlier enough to walk around, but missed tiger walk by half an hour - blah. The first half of the game was amazing, second half...not so much. We look like we have potential right now, but it's unrealized potential. Of course, I don't know what it takes to play football so I won't go too much further than this.

The worst thing that happened all day is that I got blistered by the sun after sitting in the upper deck for four and a half hours (oh yes, it went on this long - I'm blaming the refs). I put on sun screen before we left the house, but stupidly forgot to put it on my back. (Yes, "Mrs. Likely Candidate for Melanoma" forgot her sunscreen folks). Wow, I'm currently still tormented by the pain two days later and wish only for a do-over on the moment where I said to Mason "I think I should buy some sun screen" and then promptly reduced the concern to a fleeting thought, which disappeared. So, as I stare at the streaks burned into my skin I am reminded to lather up my daughter before the damage is done, lather up myself next week at the beach, and keep getting screenings every six months to catch everything early. I'm sure my dermatologist will have much to wag her finger about at my next screening. I mean, I didn't even get burned like this when we went to the islands, while I was pregnant sitting in the middle of the ocean on a boat for ten days! my gosh, this is painful.

Sheesh.