Here's to the New Year


I blog a lot about ordinary life. I'm not an author. I just like to journal more than anything. I like to look back at a day and be able to experience the moment through the words that I've written. I like to see where my mind was on that day.

Yesterday was a really unique day. It was, afterall, a brand new year. I was going to write about everything that happened, but today the details aren't really that important to me. I lived yesterday, went to bed feeling kind of overwhelmed, soaked in my thoughts, and woke up to realize that yesterday was like some weird, tiny microcosm of my whole life.

In what turned out to be one day full of unexpected surprises (very unexpected surprises), I had moments of peace, happiness, worry, friendship, support, laughter, crying, cursing, introspection, prayer (not enough as always), thinking, cleaning, unintentional rearrangment of living quarters, phone calls, awareness, confusion, respect, disrespect, feeling respected, feeling disrespected, anticipattion, dread, eating new food, cooking new food, talking (I mean a lot), and most importantly time with those I love.

I literally felt an entire spectrum of life yesterday. It's odd. If this is an omen for the coming year, I assume it means that I should get comfortable it's going to be one heck of a ride.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6 (NLT)