Do they have a cure for this?

The child is not being sweet, and by not being sweet, I mean extremely difficult to live with in a nice and caring mother "way". To cope, I just kind of shut down because it's seemingly never ending (find a happy place, find a happy place). Every thing that I do backfires and turns into a fit or whine fest. I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown or a heart attack at any given moment. On a really bad day, someone asked me about more children and I almost threw myself into a ball onto the floor and started rolling from side to side with my thumb in my mouth. More? Are you kidding?

The ride into school is now miserable. We do not smile and sing...no, no, no. We glare at mommy in the mirror and tell her that she's not our girl and that she wants her teacher. ok, ok, you're almost there! good thing I get to go to work after all of this - what fun!

Picking her up is miserable, too - no hugs, no kisses just, "Where's my juice?" wow, good to see you too

Trying to do something fun with her after school? Oh, no...I don't think so.

Trying to make her fun meals that make her happy? I spit in your face Mommy.

Want to know my favorite? Now if I make her mad she screams for her Nana (mother-in-law) and tells me she wants to go to her Nana's house (which means I've told her no about something, or really for no reason at all. Basically I've determined that because I'm breathing she's mad at me and wants to go to her Nana's house) This is my absolute favorite. I just love it! I do everything I can to be an active, loving, involved mother; however, I'm getting button-hooked by the lady who lets her do whatever she wants and won't quit taking her shopping or pumping her full of sugar no matter how often Mason and I beg her to stop (she did switch from taking her to the mall and instead took her to Wal-Mart. I'm not sure how this was better, but ok?). Love it! Hey Clare, where's your Nana when you're...(insert new and action packed hateful behavior here)? I'll tell you where, she's at home having her nice relaxing day with her glass(es) of wine in peace and quiet...laughing. That's where she is.

I love my girl, I do. Make no mistake about it. But right now she more closely resembles a rabid racoon, and she frightens me a little.