Sometimes you just know

I was around when Mason bought his first set of drums. We were just kids and he was clumsy sitting behind them, but we all thought he was the coolest guy. I was around when Mason played his first show. He and a guy playing guitar sat in an empty bar and played the same four songs over and over on a Sunday afternoon for free beer and in front of friends. I have a picture of this somewhere and am determined to find it. We all loved music back then. We loved very cliche college music, but we loved it just the same. Time isn't fluid though, and I lost track of my friend for years as we both went our separate ways, but then found our way back to each other through, who I call God, but you can call it fate or whatever makes you smile about thoroughly amazing coincidences. I was around when he received his first set of professional drums on the night that we got engaged (I thought I was surprising him, but he surprised me more). I was around for a first band, a first real show, a first band name, a second and third and so on. I have met more people over the years through all of this, so many that I now call friends. I have watched my nineteen year old, clumsy friend turn into an experienced, ageless man, who has a talent that I don't have to exagerate all of these years later. I feel comfortable actually inviting you into our world to listen....finally. I feel confident that you will like this sound and this music. I know it so truly that I want to actually share it and not just mention it in my writing.


I don't know how many of you have visited Jesse's blog over in my list, but let me encourage you to visit here if you have not (www.jessepayneonline.com). I don't plug things. I'm not a sales blog or a store blog or a win this blog; I'm a woman, a wife, and a mother without an agenda. I love this music. I love this album (EP for those of you who know the difference). I have listened to this baby being born from the comfort of my living room. I have smiled over passionate words and discussions and sounds coming from around me in my house. I have scowled when the winter cold carried it too boldly into my bedroom. I am on the sidelines, but no less proud of what these craftsmen have accomplished. The word musician is often over used. I don't like it anymore because anyone with an instrument can adopt it. I used the word craftsmen because it brings to mind the idea of taking things that do not fit together and using skill, imagination, and every available tool to create a masterpiece. I love this and wish to share their masterpiece with you. Allow yourself this guilty little pleasure. I know I will.

Little Post Note:
Early reviews are coming in and they're looking good. Check this one out. http://mp3hugger.com/2009/08/jesse-payne-yards-of-paint.html