Variety is the spice of life

To be fair, I'm a quitter.

So, I've used this little saying for as long as I can remember to justify it. If I haven't wanted to continue to do something over and over and over and over and over and over and...ok, you get the picture, ... well, that's ok because "variety is the spice of life".

Soooo being a quitter is harder to overcome than one might think. It's become some kind of core element in me. The worst part is that I'm not a good quitter like "I quit smoking", which ironically I did many years ago; however, it took me years to do it...so while the final product was good, the process was a serious problem of "I quit....trying". I've picked the "I quit trying" approach more than I care to admit.

I think I get stuck and I get bored and I can't figure out how to get unstuck and un-bored so I just quit, either that or it just gets to hard. Oops, on top of being a quitter I'm also lazy at life.

We've got ourselves a winner folks

Two not fun things to know about myself. Two even more unfun things to change about myself. My behavior works against me at all times. Whew, I even want to quit writing this blog right now - ha! Here's the good thing though, I want to be one of those people that actually gets better as I get older. I can do this, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"!!! (Philippians 4:13 )! I can change and my change can be my variety.

Here's to variety!!!!

Instead of mixing up the things, activities, etc in my life, I've started mixing up my insides (not literally of course cause that would definitely be counter productive). I'm learning how to push through the desire to quit (panting "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" as I run the last half mile). I'm learning how to create entertainment where there isn't any (oh to be silly). I'm learning how to deal with boredom as a time to reflect (who says I don't have enough time for prayer). I'm learning how to focus a little better and to direct my thoughts to happier places when I'm really really ready to quit (boy that running makes it a whole lot easier to get that milkshake and not feel guilty).

The good news is that I'm learning. The bad news is that I'm learning. So, I still falter, A LOT. I still quit all too often and much sooner than I should...but I start back up and that's the change.

anyway, I'm bored with this now.... ha!