Sunday afternoons are made for pictures




I've been looking back through early early pictures this afternoon after church. Mason's off buying another drum set (it's sooo cool) and headed to practice... sigh so here I am with a napping baby and thousands of pictures to occupy my time.
How did I get so lucky? I certainly didn't deserve it, but I don't think there is anyone alive more grateful than I am as a result.
She's so funny and so amazing and always has been. Early picture proves it. New story just reinforces it....
Last night we went and had dinner with some friends, who gave Clare a pencil and a pad of paper and let her go in their house. Did I mention that they were BRAVE friends?
Instead of doing anything destructive, she was absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen (it was a 50/50 shot, it couldn't have gone either way folks...you know this). I had trouble concentrating on conversation and not just watching her be Clare in all of her Clare-ness. She carried that pad of paper all over their living room like she was taking notes. Then she would contemplate what she was going to 'write' next and then move along and take more notes. Eventually she pulled up onto the couch, sat back, crossed her feet over one another and just wrote and wrote and wrote (ok, she was scribbling...I'm a proud momma - sue me). This went on for a while and she was really so serious about it.
I watch stuff like this and wonder what in the world she's going to be like as an adult. How this serious and contemplative side of her will manifest itself in later life. What she might bring to the table as a result. She was born this wonderful person. People tell us all of the time that we're doing such a good job, but the truth is...she was really born this way...very balanced in her personality and mannerisms. I'm so proud of her, and she makes me laugh all of the time to boot.
See, I told you I was lucky.