Stop using the name of my God in vain.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26649779/
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/10/ad-hawk-mccain-s-fact-free-fact-check.aspx

I am ashamed that this is happening. Ashamed.

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name. Don't you dare run your entire republican platform on the Christian faith and then turn around and lie and cheat to win for whatever your reason. The end does not justify the means. This is exactly why our beloved country has a separation of church and state...because people cannot separate religion from their feelings and if think the majority of your country is Christians what better way to get them on your boat. Feed them a few leftovers and they'll let you do anything you wish.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
How dare this happen. How dare you stand up and talk about your walk with God and then expose yourself as a liar to get ahead. How dare you scare people for your own benefit. A distortion of the truth, is a lie. A partial truth, is a lie. Tell the truth. I am tired of the lies and then you using my God's name to precede your lies! Lying is called an abomination in the bible more times than homosexuality. I think God is pretty serious about it. It's disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

People are drooling over this wolf in sheep's clothing because he invokes the name of God. Well my God tells me to take care of the poor, the widows, the children of the world without the means to survive, not to horde more of my money for me. My God tells me not to judge, lest I should be judged. My God tells me not to lie, but to look for the truth, which is all I've done in this election. My God tells me to love my brother/my neighbor/all of those that are unlovable. He does not tell me to kill in his name and he does not tell me to seek vengeance. He tells me to turn the other cheek when I have been wronged and to apply the principles of Godly love to every single situation. Above all he tells me to love Him with all of my heart, soul and mind. To love him like this, requires that I not continue in my walk of disbelief, but to align myself with Godly principles. How is deliberately misleading people aligning yourself with God? I realize that abortion is a big issue for the religious right, but isn't all of this other stuff important too? Is abortion the only thing that matters any more? It seems that way. It seems that the Church has been relegated to a few core issues. When did this happen?

As Christians aren't we supposed to test those things that say they are of God and not just accept whatever it is because it(he/she) invokes God's name. When did all of these other things quit mattering? When did abortion and gun control become our litmus test for how Godly someone is? I really do not understand. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but as a faithful Christian, I just don't understand how everything else about a man and his character quit mattering. I'm not some funky "Church of the sorceress of the trees" Christian. I'm a God fearing, Jesus loving, Holy Spirit walking, Bible reading, moment-to-moment praying Christian. Why do I feel like I'm alone in my thoughts on this. I feel like every other Christian I talk to cannot get past this abortion issue and I crumble inside when I hear this. How can we only care about this? When every Christian home has taken in a child that was not wanted, when every Christian home has fed the poor children of the world who have no parents, when every Christian home is devoted to the children that are alive and abused and treated poorly, then I will tackle abortion. But not a moment before then. Perhaps if we lived the way we are instructed, in love and with a merciful outlook extending Grace, more people would want to hear what we have to say and we could open a loving dialogue both sides that would be both productive and respectful. Why isn't this something we're working toward??